In Consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in the activities, events, or retreats under the auspices of First Baptist Church from January 1st 2020 to December 31st, 2020, I appreciate, and agree that:
1. The risk of injury from some camp activities is significant, including the potential for permanent disability and death, and while protective and safety equipment and personal discipline will minimize the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist;
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of those persons released from liability below, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I understand that some camp activities are physically and mentally intense. I understand the rules of play and will comply with all rules and regulations. If I observe any unusual or unnecessary hazard during my participation, I will bring such to the attention of the nearest official as soon as practical; and,
4. I for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH, the owners and lessors of premises used to conduct activities, their officers, officials, agents, volunteers, counselors, and/or employees (“Releasees”). WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss of property, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE REALEASEES OR OTHERWISE, except that which is the result of gross negligence and/or wanton misconduct.
5. I understand and agree that this release of Liability Agreement covers each and every activity and event in which I participate hereafter.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND IT’S TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT INDUCEMENT.